Warehouse Load Calc. Peer Check

Status
Not open for further replies.

Designer69

Please see the attached Load Calc. and corresponding riser.

Can you check to see if you agree with the approach? You don't have to worry about the math, just that the approach makes sense. (I did it mostly by following the approach in Appendix D Example D3(a), since Article 220 is so confusing)

And that the corresponding riser looks ok... One thing I'm not 100% certain on is the 30A breaker protecting tenant 100A MLO panels.

Try this link since the the attached picture is not clear.
https://ibb.co/dBhAUS

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

Attachments

• Service Calc_Riser.jpg
    Service Calc_Riser.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
the diagram is unreadable to me due to size.

I don't think you need a ground rod.

I would not put in 30A breakers for panels unless the bus work on them was 30A rated.

Designer69

the diagram is unreadable to me due to size.

I don't think you need a ground rod.

I would not put in 30A breakers for panels unless the bus work on them was 30A rated.

Peter thank you. I uploaded the pic elsewhere with a link so it's readable.

That was my concern about the 30A Disc. Sw. and the 100A panels downstream. However if I do make them 100A, isn't there a violation of the NEC since the total calculated load for that tenant is 15A and 100A Disc. Sw. is well above 200%?

Ingenieur

looks good
my comments
400 service
2 x 100 and 1 x 250 meter cb's

the meter cb can match the pnl
it protects the 100 A feeder from ol
the pnl branch cb's protect the load ckts

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Peter thank you. I uploaded the pic elsewhere with a link so it's readable.

That was my concern about the 30A Disc. Sw. and the 100A panels downstream. However if I do make them 100A, isn't there a violation of the NEC since the total calculated load for that tenant is 15A and 100A Disc. Sw. is well above 200%?

what 200% are you referring to?

I think the sum of the 3 OCPD has to protect the service conductors so you could at least go to 50A instead of 30A. But why are you putting in #3 if you only have 30A OCPD?

Designer69

I had to revert back to the original riser (attached) because the Modular Meter Centers I found out basically have meter sockets rated only up to about 200-225A and I would need it to be over that (300A to match cable amacity for Tenant 1)

I think I am good with everything now (pls. confirm you agree w/ attached riser) but I want to double check the note on the attached riser... That Article 230.90 & 230.90(A) do not require additional OCPD where shown.

Thanks a bunch for all your help. Riser2.jpg

better image here: https://ibb.co/bW5dG7

Status
Not open for further replies.