Warehouse outlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electriman

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you guys have seen any recommendation in any standard in regard to required number of electrical outlets insdie a warehouse.

Thanks,

pete m.

I don't know of any standard that would address your question. A majority of warehouses around me usually have receptacles installed at column locations (for convenience) and then at point of use (for a dedicated task). The NEC has limited requirements for receptacle placement in a non-residential setting.

Pete

Electriman

I don't know of any standard that would address your question. A majority of warehouses around me usually have receptacles installed at column locations (for convenience) and then at point of use (for a dedicated task). The NEC has limited requirements for receptacle placement in a non-residential setting.

Pete

Thanks, Would you use GFI receptacles or normal ones? NEC has some rules for houses but not for comercial buildings.

kwired

Electron manager
Required outlets - 210.52 applies to dwellings, 210.60 applies to guest rooms, suites, etc. and is somewhat in line with 210.52.

outside those areas not too many required outlets for other occupancy types, but what is left is in 210.62, 210.63, 210.64, or possibly conditions in chapters 5 or 6 if they apply, like maybe if there is a swimming pool you will have a required outlet somewhere in 680.

GFCI protection for non dwellings as mentioned is covered by 210.8(B), as well as conditions that may apply in chapters 5 or 6.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Everyone, for some reason seems to think that commercial work is so much more difficult than residential.

I don't see it that way. There is really very little that is "required" in commercial vs residential, now if you put it in, you must follow certain codes, but other than that......

Status
Not open for further replies.