Warning about doing business with Accuserve / RSCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Just an FYI for those of you in the restaurant construction business.

This started about 12/mo ago. New construction restaurant had two LED site fixtures go out within 7 days of install. Fixtures were purchased from Accuserve via RSCS (restaurant supply chain solutions).

As the EC I was asked to quote the cost to install two new drivers provided by Accuserve, to be paid by RSCS. Received a reply email saying “approved”; installed the drivers, fixtures still didn’t work. Idk why they wouldn’t just send new fixtures but not my call.

Anyway, that bill was paid, and I was then asked to quote installed two new heads; again supplied by Accuserve and paid by RSCS. I was initially told the quote was more than they were willing to pay; I’m 5/hrs round-trip from this site, in a bucket truck, so yeh it’s going to be high.

A month later I get an email saying “approved, please proceed”. I was also asked if I’d be willing to coordinate with their shipping company to return defective fixtures after the approval; I said yes of course.

Fast forward to about two months ago and this bill has yet to be paid. So I send some emails asking about it with no response. Then I get an email back from them wanting to know when they can have the fixtures back. I said, “when you pay me.”

RSCS subsequently cancelled the warranty on the fixtures and sent the owner a full replacement cost invoice. So owner calls me wanting to know what’s going on; a long chain of emails ensue in which RSCS says they have no record of approving this work, and they’re not paying it. I sent them the approval emails, and was told, “well the paperwork was never done here to actually approve that or I would’ve seen it. So, I can’t pay it.”

The owner of the restaurant is sending me a check for the work thankfully, but just beware if you deal with them at all. I’ll have to keep buying from them as they are the national supplier for this particular chain of restaurants, but just a heads up to not get yourself involved in warranty work with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Warning about doing business with Accuserve / RSCS

Another reason why I don’t work for those national maintenance service companies that always call.

Yeh tried that once too with Facility Maintenance. It lasted a very short time as they never could seem to find our invoices.

It’s not uncommon to be asked to quote the warranty work when you’re the EC on a new build. I do it all the time for another national acct supplier (Security Lighting) and never have issues with them. First and last time for this company though.

Needed to point out too that it’s RSCS that is refusing to pay. I’ve bought directly from Accuserve in the past for another restaurant brand and didn’t have warranty issues like this.

chris1971

Yeh tried that once too with Facility Maintenance. It lasted a very short time as they never could seem to find our invoices.

It’s not uncommon to be asked to quote the warranty work when you’re the EC on a new build. I do it all the time for another national acct supplier (Security Lighting) and never have issues with them. First and last time for this company though.

Needed to point out too that it’s RSCS that is refusing to pay. I’ve bought directly from Accuserve in the past for another restaurant brand and didn’t have warranty issues like this.

You should send the invoice to a collection agency.

Status
Not open for further replies.