warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

normbac

Did a kitchen remodel 5,000.00 and got 90% for rough since the general seemed unproffesional and as I thought he wound up getting someone or maybe himself to do finish can trims and hang pendants few other things. Of course he wants to deduct the remaining 500.00 My question is does the 1 year warranty legally become void. I wanted to let the owner know that I will not back up any work including my own on the job. I dont want to bother with going back to rectify things, more trouble than its worth with time and man hours and dealing with this flake general who annoys me every time we speak. TIA

Jljohnson

I would send a letter on my letterhead directly to the owner of the property explaining that since you did not finish the project your standard warranty is null and void an there will be no warranty for the entire project. If you want to be a little bit nicer to the owner, since it was the GC who flaked and not the HO, tell him in your letter that all warranty claims will be handled on a case by case basis, with bills being created if the work was required due to poor workmanship, etc, on the part of the GC and warranty coverage granted if the work affected was indeed yours. If you do the latter, the owner will be happier and will know that the GC flaked on you without you actually saying it :)

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
The home owner does not have a contract with you at all. His contract is with the GC. Any warranty issues are with the GC.

There is no good reason to start trouble by sending letters to anyone IMO.

You cannot just "void" your warranty because someone else did some minor work on the job. The UCC does not allow for this. You are still responsible for the work you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.