Washington Electrical Administrator Exam (Prep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeCode

Hello All -

I'm new to the forum and I am currently seeking a prep course for the Washington Electrical Administrator's Exam? Any input is appreciated. I have found a few courses, but they are fairly costly for a prep course and I, ideally, would like to do take a GOOD course that someone would recommend and potentially find one that is offered online.

Please let me know. Thanks for the help, in advance.

bauler

Re: Washington Electrical Administrator Exam (Prep)

Hate to see Mike to loose business, but a good place to look for his materials is on eBay. I bought some for about the 1/3 the price. Then I bought more from his company at full price. I highly recommend Mike Holt's courses. The others are not nearly as good. Buy them, and then sell them after you are done.

SafeCode

I am confused by your post. I have not found any materials on Mike Holt's website specific to the Washington Electrical Administrator Exam. Can you point me to what you are speaking of? Thanks!

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

I think the intended point was that one or more of the instruction books that are offered by Mike Holt Enterprises may be useful in preparing for the exam. But as to which book(s) may be of use in your exam preparations, I cannot answer that. I do not know your strengths and weaknesses, and could not advise you on any particular purchase.

I will say that when I took (and passed, the second time) that test, it was mostly about basic code facts and code calculations. The part I missed the first time was not NEC related, but rather related to Washington Administrative Code (WAC) and state safety rules. Apparently, I had been studying from a set of out-of-date reference materials. So I do recommend that you contact the nearest office of WA Labor & Industries, and get the latest WAC and other study materials from them.

Good luck! :)

SafeCode

Yes - I understand now and appreciate both of your posts and assistance. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.