Washington Master test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
i recently failed the Washington master major load calculations twice with a forty % each time.
The test had questions regarding two family dwelling units.
NEC code section 220.85 seems to indicate that in order to arrive at the right figure that one would need to calculate two dwelling units under the standard calculation and also on the optional calculation and use the lesser of the two loads.
Does anyone have insights on how to properly calculate two dwelling units or in the alternative does anyone have practice questions regarding that subject?

The other question that gave me trouble was the commercial calculation one side of a piece of property had 5000 square-foot and small loads.
the other side of the property had 25,000 square-foot and had welders and motors does anyone have practice questions regarding commercial calculations ?

thank-you brothers and sisters in advance for your help, I would greatly appreciate any input

gtw

Hi
i recently failed the Washington master major load calculations twice with a forty % each time.
The test had questions regarding two family dwelling units.
NEC code section 220.85 seems to indicate that in order to arrive at the right figure that one would need to calculate two dwelling units under the standard calculation and also on the optional calculation and use the lesser of the two loads.
Does anyone have insights on how to properly calculate two dwelling units or in the alternative does anyone have practice questions regarding that subject?

The other question that gave me trouble was the commercial calculation one side of a piece of property had 5000 square-foot and small loads.
the other side of the property had 25,000 square-foot and had welders and motors does anyone have practice questions regarding commercial calculations ?

thank-you brothers and sisters in advance for your help, I would greatly appreciate any input

gtw

It has been a while, but I remember there is a tricky question on there about a duplex/two family and its kinda unclear how they are expecting it to be calculated. I was able to pass it after failing the first time by just looking over article 220 and the example calculations in the annex of the NEC. I am not sure of a book to recommend but one with lots of worked out examples would be the ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.