Washington Masters Exam 220.85 Multi Family Dwelling Calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
New on the forums here, first time post, long time browser. Took WA Masters Exam couple days ago and failed the calculations portion by 1. I had around 3 questions pertaining to duplex/mutli family units and Table 220.84. Realized most of my mistakes where I was doing calculations under 220.84 and applying derating without including HVAC loads.

One question I have that wasn't clear on the exam is the wording of 220.85 which says "supplied by a single feeder". Does that mean that for exam purposes if such a scenario would apply to a duplex calculation then it would state wether its supplied by a single feeder? Is that a single service feeder to meter main or single panel all in all to duplex? On exam I would get supplied by "120/240 single phase service" which to me didn't seem clear on wether 220.85 could apply.

220.85 Two Dwelling Units.
Where two dwelling units are supplied by a single feeder and the calculated load under Part III of this article exceeds that for three identical units calculated under 220.84, the lesser of the two loads shall be permitted to be used.

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Anyhow passed the calculation portion on the second try. All I'm gonna say is try and study up on Washington's calculation methods before attempting the exam. Some odd ways in obtaining calculated loads for commercial services.

Status
Not open for further replies.