wastewater treatment plant personel

Status
Not open for further replies.

raider1

Staff member
Welcome to the forum.:)

You will not find that information in the NEC.

Check with the licensing statutes in you area for the scope of what licenses are needed for the work that is being performed at your plant.

Also if your plant follows NFPA 70E I would recommend checking out section 110.6(D)(1)&(2) for a more comprehensive list of what a qualified and unqualified person would be.

Chris

tom baker

First Chief Moderator & NEC Expert
Staff member
Occupation
Master Electrician
The NEC does not apply to electric utilites. The NEC makes the basic assumption that you are qualifed to use it and follow its rules:
90.1 (C) Intention. This Code is not intended as a design specification or an instruction manual for untrained persons.
And this is about the only language it has for qualifications:
Qualified Person. One who has skills and knowledge related to the construction and operation of the electrical equipment and installations and has received safety training to recognize and avoid the hazards involved.
FPN: Refer to NFPA 70E?-2004, Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace, for electrical safety training requirements.

So for example I am a master electrician but am qualifed to work on equipment over 600 volts.

oscar47

Thanks! I read about this years ago and us and the power company can work on our equipment, however, the meter box and new service is off limits. I just didn't know where to find the rules.

Thanks again
Oscar47

Status
Not open for further replies.