WATER HEATER

Status
Not open for further replies.

I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE WATER HEATER IN OUR
HOTEL.BECAUSE OUR SUPPLY VOLTAGE IS 380V 3 PHASE,OUR HEATING ELEMENT 220V 3 PHASE.BUT WE DONT HAVE AVAILABLE 220V 3 PHASE.CAN YOU GIVE THE EXACT RIGHT CONNECTION.( DIAGRAM ).MY 2ND QUSTION,
IS THE 3PHASE MOTOR WYE DELTA CONNECTION 220V TO
380V CAN WE APPLY TO WATER HEATER WITHOUT USING THE NEUTRAL.I HOPE YOU CAN HELP ME.THANK.

Re: WATER HEATER

sir,
actually im in SAUDI ARABIA.and recently working in Hotel.our actual voltages
here are 380v 3phase + neutral.line to neutral are 220v.In our Hotel we dont have 220v 3phase.

bennie

Esteemed Member

Are you associated with ARAMCO?

You will need heating elements for 380 volts, light bulbs for 220 volts.

The voltages are unusual even for Saudi Arabia. Most of the power plants are the standard US voltages.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician

Bennie, couldn't he just connect the individual elements (remove factory jumpers) to neutral?

Connect A-N, B-N, C-N, of course circuit conductor (maybe) and OCPD size will change.

This may also affect the controls.

elements.JPG

I'm not sure what is being asked about the motor.

Roger

bennie

Esteemed Member

Good observation Roger. The elements connected in wye will take 220 volts, if they were connected in delta there would be 380 volts across each one.

The motor would be the same, depending on the name plate.

[ December 20, 2003, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: bennie ]

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member

Thanks I thought perhaps it was a typo 480 not 380. But the concepts are the same, regardless of voltages.

[ December 20, 2003, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: tom baker ]

thanks you very much for helping me and i would like to appreciate your good explanation.Now I got the right diagram.thans a lot...Arnold

Status
Not open for further replies.