Website advertising electrical work without a licensed electrician working there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbsparky

Nowhere did I see them advertising electrical work. But even if they did, they are licensed general contractors, and as such, are free to hire any licensed electrical subcontractor that they deem fit.

I think your complaint has no merit in this case.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
The web site has a license number. First sentence on this page: http://alerthomerepair.com/about_us.htm

In my State, license-board enforcement is limited to job-site stings, AHJ or customer complaints, and unauthorized lien actions, which invite the lawless to demonstrate their incompetence to a law enforcement official.

In my State, the general public are invited to send copies of advertising violations to an automated FAX or email address, but the license board employee (under hiring freeze) must invite such violators to sting projects, where they can be served a notice to appear at misdemeanor civil hearings.

Except for sting projects in declared disaster areas in CA, the CSLB has no arrest or incarceration authority. While recent "stop order" authority may halt work, CSLB won't follow the violator around to prevent other buildings from burning down, nor force anyone to appear in court.

Labor law, advertising law, insurance law, downpayment limits, and project abandonment that results in supplier liens on customer property are caused by both un/licensed contractors. Further, a lack of enforcement resources, State budget crisis, and due-process requirements can lead violators to believe they may never get caught.

Because of exemptions to workers comp. for the first 52 hours, for clients that have property insurance with "Personal comprehensive liability" the best consumer protection for small service calls may be hiring a qualified Journeyman lacking contract, permit, or lien authority.

It may be preferred, not just legal in my State, to hire unlicensed journeymen without employment proof, to perform service work under the "unlicensed" minor work exemption set by the Contractors State License Board (CSLB).

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I didn't see any electrical work offered either.

Roger

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I looked for the electrical advertising also, didn't find it. Maybe the NCBEEC will look harder? I believe you overreacted...

Status
Not open for further replies.