Well lighting; convert 100w MH to LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Pic below ....

This is a 100w MH well fixture. KIM lighting used to make an LED version of this, but I don’t see it on their website now. Last time I ordered some was at least 4 years ago; they were built to order and took almost 2 months to get, and were $900/ea.

Looking for a more economical replacement. The lamp is completely sealed to be water-tight, so there is no ventilation whatsoever. I just started a remodel of this building, and we are looking to convert every fixture they have to LED. I need to get as close to the current light output of the MH lamp. The lamp holder has a reflector inside, so maybe a corn cob style lamp? Idk if it’s bright enough though.

de63e9bc5bae9d7bc96a5c7f32f6be12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
You need to email a manufacturer about the lamp in a sealed enclosure. I know they are starting to make them, check the lumen of your lamp find one that fits.

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Just giving him a starting place.
It said enclosed, I said contact manuf..
It is in the ground, lots of brass, outdoors, think moisture might be the bigger problem, cost ~$90 ea. Tell the owner to try one. Cheaper than $900.

I have had good luck ballast bypassing the well lights, and installing outdoor rated PAR LED. You may have to buy mogul to medium socket converters. PAR lamps are directional, no issue on brightness. 100w MH can be reduced to 17w LED, and I think the LED set up is brighter b/c all of the light makes in out of the fixture.

Status
Not open for further replies.