Westinghouse Breaker Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshephard

Need a 20 amp single pole breaker for a Wh B20 4040CT panel full of Bryant breakers (about 15 years old).
Westinghouse now nuclear and gadgets only, C-H references Westinghouse no's, which I do not have.
Any help?
TIA, Tim

templdl

Re: Westinghouse Breaker Addition

I personally am not a backer of used breakers as one is not guaranteed the they meet the original manufacturers specifications. But it makes one feel bood that it fills a slot and hopefully it will work and protect.
However, sometimes there just isn't any choice, but in your case there is.
Cutler-Hammer, now Eaton Electrical, does have a letter from UL which allows the use of their BR breaker in this panel.
If you have Adobe Acrobat reader got to:
http://www.eatonelectrical.com/unsecure/cms1/LT08703012E.PDF
Keep a few of these documents in your service vehical so that you can place a copy by or inside the panel so that it is available to the AHJ.

peter d

templdl,

Thanks for that link. I always assumed that was the case with the use of new BR breakers in obsolete Westinghouse, Challenger and Bryant panels, and now I have the proof. :D

For a time, the only difference between Westinghouse and Challenger was the name.

templdl

Thanks Peter.
It's nice to know that you found this information to be useful. Often when there is no feedback it gives one the impression that it was a waste of time doing the research in order to answer a question.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.