What Article governs OCPD on Circuits Less than 50 volts? NEC 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeMaui

I'm studying for Florida EC and came across the question asking which Article governs OCPD on Circuits Less than 50 volts.

How would I answer that?

Would it be 720 (Circuits.....less than 50 volts), 480, 240, there was one other .......for some reason my brain is not reasoning with the question.

I also "googled the question", but did not get a definite answer.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I'm studying for Florida EC and came across the question asking which Article governs OCPD on Circuits Less than 50 volts.

How would I answer that?

Would it be 720 (Circuits.....less than 50 volts), 480, 240, there was one other .......for some reason my brain is not reasoning with the question.

I have never quite understood what article 720 actually covers.

However, I don't see anything there that modifies the standard OCPD requirements found in other articles.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems

How would I answer that?

Could it be a trick question? OCPD is for current irrespective of voltage, isn't it? Could the answer be that the same article covers all voltages?

iwire

Staff member

Article 240

240.1 Scope. Parts I through VII of this article provide the general requirements for overcurrent protection and over-current protective devices not more than 600 volts, nominal. Part VIII covers overcurrent protection for those por-tions of supervised industrial installations operating at voltages of not more than 600 volts, nominal. Part IX cov-ers overcurrent protection over 600 volts, nominal.

Status
Not open for further replies.