What color does the IEC mandate for 24VDC wire?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fifty60

What color does the IEC mandate for 24VDC wire? The best I can come up with in my research is brown and grey. But using Brown for line and also for 24VDC control wire can't be right...is it?

Besoeker

What color does the IEC mandate for 24VDC wire? The best I can come up with in my research is brown and grey. But using Brown for line and also for 24VDC control wire can't be right...is it?

I am not aware of any mandatory requirements.

zxfabb

Yes, in some Wiring Code like BS 7671, brown and grey are mandatory for L+ and L- in DC power circuit. It would be fine if just goes to POWER circuit. The colors in DC control circuit are not defined.

kwired

Electron manager
Yes, in some Wiring Code like BS 7671, brown and grey are mandatory for L+ and L- in DC power circuit. It would be fine if just goes to POWER circuit. The colors in DC control circuit are not defined.

Sorry but I had to laugh when I saw a "BS" code:)

I imagine a lot British rules are "BS" though:lol:

Smart $

Esteemed Member
I don't know if it's manditory but around here most of the 24VDC, and most other DC voltages wires are blue. Just thought that was the standard.
Blue is used on this side of the pond. IEC refers to standards mostly used on the other side... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.