What does SK, and ASK actually stand for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weaver Road

SK and ASK

SK and ASK

Are these in reference to construction documents?

If so, in that world I believe they are drawings that amend the original construction document in some way, such as detail of a change order or design input resulting from conditions discovered in the field contrary to the original drawings for a job.

For us they come in and get reviewed just like the original prints and then added to the packet of documents for construction.

If this isn't relevant, then I have no earthly idea!

RayS

only thing I can think is Scrim/Kraft and Aluminum/Scrim/Kraft (the facings on insulation) but usually see FSK for Foil/Scrim/Kraft. Kraft paper, strings, foil on top.

Weaver Road

Weaver Road said:

If so, in that world I believe they are drawings that amend the original construction document in some way, such as detail of a change order or design input resulting from conditions discovered in the field contrary to the original drawings for a job.

For us they come in and get reviewed just like the original prints and then added to the packet of documents for construction.

If this isn't relevant, then I have no earthly idea!

I have tracked down "SK" in my example above from an architectural resource. It is design lingo for "sketch". Maybe ASK is "amended"?
:-?

e57

Weaver Road said:

I guess I should have been specific huh???

I think you got the SK part in your second post, "ASK" I have quite a lot of, and even "CSK" - just wondering if there were some method to the madness... I know what to do with them when I get them, but always wonders about these letters...

My new job, and new project is quite large and I am taking over for another guy while he is on vacation,(maybe permently) but I am trying to develope some SOP while we are both there for either case. For those who have seen my other little SOPs and tutorials - this will be another one in simular fashion..... i.e. easy to understand language. But this is one of those questions that I never answered for myself...

As some of us might know - it's not all on the E-sheets.

Weaver Road

And the answer is.....

And the answer is.....

I talked to an Architect co-worker of mine who said that the A means architectural either before or after the SK.

Thus, SK= sketch, and ASK or SKA= Architectural sketch.

He also said that this all depends on the policy of an office or a firm. These are not firm set standards, just common lingo of the business.

Hope this adds to your lesson plan, or at least your wealth of trivia!

Mike
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.