What I did today

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnelect

HVAC & Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Contractor, C10 & C20 - Semi Retired
On the west coast we use combination panels. On the east coast they use separate panels ?

Attachments

• Siemens 200 Amp 24-Space 42-Circuit Flu...pdf
    327.2 KB · Views: 50

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor

James L

Occupation
Electrician
What would happen if you installed a combination ?
I don't know about Larry's situation, but POCOs around here that provide the meter base will only connect what they supply. And I don't know of any that provide meter mains or combos.

Evergy is the only one here that does not provide meter bases. Their approved list doesn't include combos (that I know of), but I know they'll connect some.

mtnelect

HVAC & Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Contractor, C10 & C20 - Semi Retired
I don't know about Larry's situation, but POCOs around here that provide the meter base will only connect what they supply. And I don't know of any that provide meter mains or combos.

Evergy is the only one here that does not provide meter bases. Their approved list doesn't include combos (that I know of), but I know they'll connect some.

That is what I found strange ... I have been following this forum since 2003. I have never seen combinations services on the East Coast.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
That is what I found strange ... I have been following this forum since 2003. I have never seen combinations services on the East Coast.
I have installed a few combos. Partly depends on what supplier has in stock, partly price, partly how much space available on the wall.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have installed a few combos. Partly depends on what supplier has in stock, partly price, partly how much space available on the wall.
If available space is the reason, I'll put the panel under the meter, which is common here.

If a combo is the only option, then I'll price one and add it to the price of the installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.