What is needed to get a nj electric license

WattsGood

Occupation
Maintenance Electrician
I called the NJ contractors board and basically had no answers for me. They told me to submit an application. The problem I might run into or I'm pretty sure I will run into is that I worked for so many different companies for a few months to 6 months at a time I never stayed a long time. They wouldn't even answer the question of how long do you have to work for one contractor for The time to count towards my hours
Philameana and her team are not very helpful. My first attempt at the test was tough, but it seemed like getting everything I needed to take it was equally as hard. The biggest worry is those worked hours, which do not NEED to be through a licensed contractor, but more so that you pay your taxes to the state while doing electrical work. So save ALL OF YOUR W-2s from those contractors you worked for. I have enough working hours (9+ years) through the foundation I work with that count towards the needed schooling. If you haven't seen the PSI bulletin, it's got all the info you need, especially the books you can and cannot bring. If you're going for your contractor's license, you must study the business law book and the fire alarms/panels book. Many people are charging an arm and a leg for prep courses, which my foundation graciously paid for. But I have been getting more out of watching YouTube videos by Paul Abernathy and his "Master The NEC." I have also been using a beneficial iPhone app. I don't check the forum often, but if you need more info I've encountered in the last year working towards being ready for the test, please reply to my comment, and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

WattsGood

Occupation
Maintenance Electrician
I would go back to the contractors and try to dig up as many records as you can to verify your work experience.

Maybe they can check to see if they have access to any paystubs through ADP or some other type of payroll service. That should be admissible to the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk