What is this fixture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cselectric

Re: What is this fixture?

I'll take a stab. :D

I'm going to say it is a recessed wall sconce, shown as a rough kit only. The box looks like it is designed for flush mounting (though I don't quite understand the metal loops attached to the sides.) And the brass thumb screw on the bottom center would be a likely attachment point for the trim/lens kit (of which there are probably multiple options.) I've installed similar animals, some of which actually looked pretty nice when trimmed.

mdshunk

That looks a little like the rough in portion for flush x-ray reading lights, except these lamps are sticking out at the top. From the loops, I'd guess that maybe this is the rough in portion of an old-work fluorescent wall sconce.

[ August 31, 2005, 10:29 PM: Message edited by: mdshunk ]

hurk27

It's labeled as a sconce but the page doesn't list which trims go with it? Typical for Progress lighting

Here's the LINK

[ September 01, 2005, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: hurk27 ]

cselectric

Originally posted by stamcon:
It's a firerated wall sconce box. The clips are "remodel retention mounting clips" (think madisons, steamboats,...).
Ok, that makes sense. I've never installed these as a remodel. I've installed many of the new work variety in condo and hotel corridors.

Status
Not open for further replies.