What License or Training does a Laminating Company need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Daughter and son work at a large laminating company. They sell laminaters and film to some high profile names. They have about 6 techs that go around the country and install laminators and get them up and running. Sometimes they have to change a receptacle on 480 three phase and change rec. on the laminator themselves. What kind of electrical certificate or training would we tell them that is required for this type of work? It is kind of large appliance technition.

growler

My Daughter and son work at a large laminating company. They sell laminaters and film to some high profile names. They have about 6 techs chanthat go around the country and install laminators and get them up and running. Sometimes they have to change a receptacle on 480 three phase and change rec. on the laminator themselves. What kind of electrical certificate or training would we tell them that is required for this type of work? It is kind of large appliance technition.

I doubt if a laminating company would need anything more than a business license. Changing out that 480V, 3-phase receptacle could be a problem in some areas so they would need to hire a local contractor.

To protect themselves I'm sure the company would have to provide some sort of safety training and establish that the techs are "qualified" to do whatever the job requires.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I think that a lot of t depends on where you're doing the work. Here in NJ we allow ordinary maintenance which can be done by just about anyone.

Coppersmith

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I don't believe a license would be required just to change a receptacle or plug here in Florida. However if any wire is being added or changed, then a license would be required. I hope they are being safety trained. Getting zapped by 480 hurts a lot assuming it doesn't kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.