What size is a large project to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dduffee260

What size of project do you feel like are small and large. Do you consider a small project to be anything under $10,000, a medium project to be $11,000 to $75,000, then a large project to be $76,000 to $500,000 for example? Or do you consider any project under $200,000 to be a small project? I know the Wal-Marts now in the south area are going for anywhere from $400,000 to $550,000, it all depends on the area because the stores are cookie cutter designs. Wal-Mart supplies all the lights, panels and switchgear also. Usually the stores are around 150,000 square feet in size.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Re: What size is a large project to you?

Large jobs would be upwards of $1,000,000 and over for our company, less than that are usually still AIA formatted jobs, meaning "schedule of values" and progress billing. We do many jobs in the x00000.00 range (still kind of large jobs) and the best are the x0000.00 range because of quick cash flow and not waiting for retainage.

Roger

[ May 20, 2005, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: roger ]

Nick

For the company I work for 1 million is a relatively small job. 5-10 million is a big job.
We are geared for the very large jobs and have done several in excess of 30 million. We do smaller jobs Ltoo but whenever I am doing something that is only a couple of hundred thousand, I sometimes feel like they think I don't exist. The management seems to concentrate on the bigger money jobs. Me personally I refer < 1 million. Less manpower problems

chrsb

For us it is 10-30k small, 30-80k average, 80k+ large. 150k is about our cut off, anything higher and there is bonding issues. Since we have only been around for 2 years, bonding is difficult to get. We would like to do larger jobs, but until we are more established we will stick to what we can afford.

southernboys

nick what type of jobs do you guys do to make that much mony just in electrical? I trust you guys are compensated wrll as electricians and helpers what area are these jobs in?

Status
Not open for further replies.