What the Heck is the Deal with ASBESTOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamjamma

We had no protection when we worked tearing out firestone plant in hopeless...lol... put pallets across forklifts, went up there with the cutting torches, and cut everything loose..lol... every weekend for four months cash in hand...
no certifications, no worries..just show up with boots, gloves and a hard hat... boss brought pizza and beer for lunch even...

when others started sitting down in afternoons I would grab some brooms and my bunch would start sweeping up our areas, bagging up the trash, etc... so boss always saw us working and others relaxing... lol... found out from the German guy who got me the job the first weekend that the guy paid us more every weekend because we made the place neat. I just did it how my weekday boss insisted the job should be done.. clean up your area and your tools..lol.. but final weekend we worked ten of us were swinging brooms for the last two hours...

boss came up up to me, shook my hand, gave me an envelope, and said sorry he had no more work for us... did same with the German guy.. then told us to get on out before he dealt with the rest..lol... found out a few years ago boss went to jail cause he couldnt prove on paper where the money went for doing the tear out..lol.. well, I averaged two hundred a weekend. Week day job was only 150 a week...

in those days a hundred a day was big money

Status
Not open for further replies.