What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtnelectrical

I was contacted by an insurance guy. One of his customers had a problem with the electricity of his house, some electrical apliance were burned out (TV, HI FI Stereos, Computers, Microwave) After investigation POCO found out that there was a surge cause by some wires touching on the poles. Some trees trimming co. was working on the block and made primery wires touched neutral wire on secundary. The problem was not only on this house but in 5 or 6 connected to this common transformer. Now they want me to check the wiring in the house and see that it is ok. What woukd you do in this situation. Just megged the wires? Any help is really appreciatted.

Give your customer an outline of what service you can provide.

1. Megger testing of all wiring on the premises, from the service point to the last outlet. This includes the SE conductors, the branch circuits and feeder conductors.

2. While prepping for the megger test, a visual inspection of the devices and other related equipment.

Replacing and repairing as necessary based on the results of the testing and visual inspection.

Put it in writing and get it signed.

tonyou812

mtnelectrical said:
I was contacted by an insurance guy. One of his customers had a problem with the electricity of his house, some electrical apliance were burned out (TV, HI FI Stereos, Computers, Microwave) After investigation POCO found out that there was a surge cause by some wires touching on the poles. Some trees trimming co. was working on the block and made primery wires touched neutral wire on secundary. The problem was not only on this house but in 5 or 6 connected to this common transformer. Now they want me to check the wiring in the house and see that it is ok. What woukd you do in this situation. Just megged the wires? Any help is really appreciatted.
Hey man were from the same county! cool :cool:

quogueelectric

mtnelectrical said:
Have them watch this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEAtWiUGeiA on youtube first and explain that this is what was happening tree guy dropping line on lower voltages. Then hand them the proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.