Whats the best brand cable wrachet cutter?

Buck Parrish

One of my tool boxes got stolen off of the truck. I'm going to need to get new ratchet cutters cable benders etc.
When I look on Amazon I see them for 30-50 dollars. I'm thinking that can not be right. I know I paid over a hundred for mine.
What's the best brand? Most durable and works the best.
What brand do you use?

1710332877005.png

kwired

Electron manager
One of my tool boxes got stolen off of the truck. I'm going to need to get new ratchet cutters cable benders etc.
When I look on Amazon I see them for 30-50 dollars. I'm thinking that can not be right. I know I paid over a hundred for mine.
What brand do you use?

View attachment 2570533
I've got one of those, not sure if it was amazon but was someplace on line and was only like $30. At the time I thought I wasn't out much if it didn't last long, but have had it for several years now. Is starting to get to where it isn't working all that well anymore but it certainly doesn't owe me anything at this point IMO. I don't need it every day and has mostly been used on 1/0 to 250 aluminum conductors FWIW.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
What brand do you use?

View attachment 2570533
I had one of those many years ago, then my helper cut ascr with it….paid around $75 for it, went to buy a new one, and I think it was something like $250! I went and bought this instead. Much better.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Hillbilly1's suggestion is the way I'd go today but I have had the one pictured below (the design has changed a little) for close to 30 years and it's still going strong.

1710340535668.png
It's a little bulky but I could always get it into where I needed it.

Galt

Occupation
master electrician and refrigeration service tech.
I have the Ideal one but quite often use the hackzall makes a better cut.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Hillbilly1's suggestion is the way I'd go today but I have had the one pictured below (the design has changed a little) for close to 30 years and it's still going strong.

View attachment 2570534
It's a little bulky but I could always get it into where I needed it.
I much prefer those to hand held ratchet cutters. Nowadays it's the cordless hacksall or cordless band saw that gets used.