What's the latest on RSS tools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pv_n00b

Based on what I see most projects that have to comply with the 80V inside the array RSS are using either SolarEdge, Tigo TS4-R-F switch, or micro-inverters. I have not heard anything about the new UL standard for RSS compliance hitting the street any time soon so we are going to be doing module level disconnection for the foreseeable future.

Has anyone heard of any new products for RSS or any new techniques for compliance that are available or in development? At the last Intersolar NA I saw a vendor with a preproduction product that was installed inline in the module string that would open the circuit if the inverter shutdown. It was not UL Listed yet but was an interesting idea.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Based on what I see most projects that have to comply with the 80V inside the array RSS are using either SolarEdge, Tigo TS4-R-F switch, or micro-inverters. I have not heard anything about the new UL standard for RSS compliance hitting the street any time soon so we are going to be doing module level disconnection for the foreseeable future.

Has anyone heard of any new products for RSS or any new techniques for compliance that are available or in development? At the last Intersolar NA I saw a vendor with a preproduction product that was installed inline in the module string that would open the circuit if the inverter shutdown. It was not UL Listed yet but was an interesting idea.

With the module level shutdown requirement coming on board your options are limited. That said, there is an industry-wide effort to standardize how RSS compliance will work for string inverters, i.e, SunSpec https://sunspec.org. Tigo is a central player in this consortium, as you might guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.