What's wrong here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
robbietan said:
maybe they glued the planks to the ground and glued the table legs to the planks for safety....

I dunno, but as unsafe as it looks, it does look like they thought a lot before doing such a stupid thing.

realolman

tallgirl said:
I dunno, but as unsafe as it looks, it does look like they thought a lot before doing such a stupid thing.

The more I think about bending a piece of conduit the more likely I am to bend it backward.

TommyC

Ya'll are all wrong. There's nothing wrong there. Don't you know that anyone who climbs a ladder like that can fly? Sure he aint got wings but I guarantee you he can fly. Right down to the bottom he can fly. And we all know it's not the fall that kills you, it's that sudden stop at end that does it.

JohnE

In my town in 1988 (I think) 2 college students were painting on a setup just like this. Except there were 2 ladders with one guy on each. One guy died, the other was seriously injured. I'm sure they were thinking the scaffold would hold the weight, but never considered the outward force of the ladders tipping the scaffolding. I didn't know the one who died, but do know his brother in law who was contracting the job and was on site when it happened. It was a tragedy that still affects the family today.

I also know a guy who was on a ladder in the bed of a pickup. And another guy got in to take the truck with him still on the ladder! Serious injury, but recovered. Broken back I think.

I'm sure we've all done things that are unsafe if we think about it. I know I have. A lot of times we don't realize it unless something goes wrong.

wireman3736

I'll have to inform my customer that you people disapprove of my ladder set up. I don't know how Celtic got these pictures, we had lookouts in case OSHA came by and they don't remember seeing anyone taking pictures.:confused:

celtic

wireman3736 said:
I don't know how Celtic got these pictures, we had lookouts in case OSHA came by and they don't remember seeing anyone taking pictures.:confused:
I was the guy you "thought" was talking on the phone:
getsmart.gif

Well it wasn't a shoe, nor was it a phone..it was a camera!

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.