What's your typical work week like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Monday : Trying to get customer(s) to pay me.
Tuesday : Trying to get customer(s) to pay me.
Wednesday : Trying to get customer(s) to pay me.
Thursday : Trying to get customer(s) to pay me.
Friday : Trying to get customer(s) to pay me.
Saturday : Trying to get customer(s) to pay me.
Sunday : Trying to forget about all the money customers owe me.

brian john

We were swamped this week so I was in the field in lieu of doing reports and estimates.

Monday-Day off 2 emergency calls, rectifier failure at hospital on phone system, Other call wanted to make sure a tech was coming Tuesday (DUH we scheduled previously).
Tuesday- Emergency call fire pump failure spent part of the day troubling repairing, stopped to see to customers about up coming GFP repairs.
Wednesday- Emergency call 135 miles west. Drove up there, schedule an outage connected recorder, went to another site nearby to check on a Kirk Key issue. Easier to go home than back to the shop 35 miles saved.
Thursday- Replace batteries at Government site west of DC, UPS load test north of DC.
Friday- Paper work till 10:00, emergency call snake in HV gear, return to shop to finish paper work.
Saturday-Emergency call early, customer wanted a CamLoc tool (FOR MONDAY). LET ME SLEEP. Several calls from men on jobs that had minor issues with on going work.
Sunday- Two jobs scheduled outages Pringle replacement and site busway inspection with replacement of 600 amp busway FSS.

Last edited:

zog

brian john said:
We were swamped this week so I was in the field in lieu of doing reports and estimates.

Monday-Day off 2 emergency calls, rectifier failure at hospital on phone system, Other call wanted to make sure a tech was coming Tuesday (DUH we scheduled previously).
Tuesday- Emergency call fire pump failure spent part of the day troubling repairing, stopped to see to customers about up coming GFP repairs.
Wednesday- Emergency call 135 miles west. Drove up there, schedule an outage connected recorder, went to another site nearby to check on a Kirk Key issue. Easier to go home than back to the shop 35 miles saved.
Thursday- Replace batteries at Government site west of DC, UPS load test north of DC.
Friday- Paper work till 10:00, emergency call snake in HV gear, return to shop to finish paper work.
Saturday-Emergency call early, customer wanted a CamLoc tool (FOR MONDAY). LET ME SLEEP. Several calls from men on jobs that had minor issues with on going work.
Sunday- Two jobs scheduled outages Pringle replacement and site busway inspection with replacement of 600 amp busway FSS.

That was my exact week for 14 years, man I dont miss it at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.