when do i need a bonding bushing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryandumas

I set up a temp pole with 2groundrods and I grounded the circuitbreaker box. the circuitbreaker box is attached with a rigid offset nipple from the hub of the box with a locknut and bushing to a knockout on the meterbox. I was told I needed a grounding bushing and ground the meter. I thought I only needed a grounding bushing when the nipple went thru a hole I made???! any help would be appreciate

quogueelectric

ryandumas said:
I set up a temp pole with 2groundrods and I grounded the circuitbreaker box. the circuitbreaker box is attached with a rigid offset nipple from the hub of the box with a locknut and bushing to a knockout on the meterbox. I was told I needed a grounding bushing and ground the meter. I thought I only needed a grounding bushing when the nipple went thru a hole I made???! any help would be appreciate
MIGBs required in all metalic service equipment by me.

jmsbrush

ryandumas said:
2008 Code: Bonding 250.92 Services (b)(1) Bonding equipment to the grounded service conductor in a manner in 250.8

When you you get to 250.8 look at 250.8(6) Thread forming machine screws that engage not less than two threads in the enclosure.
Well theres the bond there in my eyes,The hub, but where did you land you're grounding electrode conductor? In the meter or the 1st means of disconnect?

220/221

I believe the rules change when service conductors are involved. They want the nipple bonded since the conductors in it are not overcurrent protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.