Where can I find a decent fire alarm forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhalleron

I read this forum most every day and really don't have another electrical forum I go to. I use the information I gain here in my part time jobs.

Since my full time job is mostly fire alarm related I'd like to find a good forum where I can read and share fire alarm system questions. I am not really interested in all the other low voltage stuff like access and cctv. Each time I have done a web search for a fire alarm forum in the past I wasn't impressed with any I found.

dhalleron

Thanks guys. I was hoping to find a forum that talked more about fire alarm code requirements. A quick look at those showed mostly troubleshooting or panel specific questions.

I don't really like the layout of that yahoo group. I have a hard time navigating that kind of forum. I guess it is something I could get used to.

The diy one is more like this one where you just open the first question and read all the replies.

DM2-Inc

I prefer the yahoo e-mail forum. I don't use the web site version to look at issues. I have a rule wizard in Outlook that moves the e-mails to a "AFAA Forum" folder after several days so my in-box doesn't get cluttered with unread mail (I don't read everyone of them).

You can sign-up by going to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/firealarm/join. In step 2 of the sign-up process you can choose to have "Individual E-Mails" sent.

The yahoo forum has mostly US people, but there are some international folks on it as well.

I've seen people post request for manuals, data sheets, resources for parts (including old parts), and code questions. There are a number of good code officials that monitor the site, and post very good responses with code references. I just sent someone manuals and data sheets that date back to 1978 for older Notifier equipment.

Like most lists, 80% of what is posted are good topics however only 20% of the responses are worth reading.

mtfallsmikey

Not sure if this will help....

Not sure if this will help....

I am having new Gamewell main panels and devices installed in both of my buldings, replacing Siemens MXL-IQ's The contractor installed a temporary home-brewed opto-isolator interface so we can run both old/new panels during the install/cutover. Do you need for me to pick their brains? (Based out of Md.)

dhalleron

I am having new Gamewell main panels and devices installed in both of my buldings, replacing Siemens MXL-IQ's The contractor installed a temporary home-brewed opto-isolator interface so we can run both old/new panels during the install/cutover. Do you need for me to pick their brains? (Based out of Md.)

I appreciate the offer. I don?t have any specific questions right now. I?ve been doing fire alarm work since the early 90?s and wanted to see a good forum like this one where people share questions and ideas mostly about code.

Status
Not open for further replies.