where is grnd buss for genrac pnl??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt66electric

My first "generac" install using the provided panel/Xfer switch. The panel that was provided is better suited for a remodel rather than a new build. The Attached whips were unnecessary and removed for a new install. I turned the panel upside down, fed the house load wires from the top and the gen wires from the bottom. (I was also abe to peel the stickers from the cover and reset them right-side up them--- afterthought engineering at is best) My question is where is the ground Bar??? I assume that the xfer panel is treated like a sub-panel and that the grounds and neutrals are seperated. Should I add a ground bar?? I have a 4-wire feed from the main panel. Is a additional ground rod required at the generator pad. Should the gas supply be grounded to the GEN or the panel??

DENNIS

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
My first "generac" install using the provided panel/Xfer switch. The panel that was provided is better suited for a remodel rather than a new build. The Attached whips were unnecessary and removed for a new install. I turned the panel upside down, fed the house load wires from the top and the gen wires from the bottom. (I was also abe to peel the stickers from the cover and reset them right-side up them--- afterthought engineering at is best) My question is where is the ground Bar??? I assume that the xfer panel is treated like a sub-panel and that the grounds and neutrals are seperated. Should I add a ground bar?? I have a 4-wire feed from the main panel. Is a additional ground rod required at the generator pad. Should the gas supply be grounded to the GEN or the panel??

DENNIS

AW man! you just voided the UL listing!:roll::)

Status
Not open for further replies.