Where to go and best field of work

Status
Not open for further replies.

48x2

New User
Occupation
Electriciam
Hi folks
I’m planning to go to Canada, and have expertise in drives, controls (Worked at Weg equipaments authorized repair office) and have experience with PCB layout design and repair during my masters. I worked as predial electrician as well in Brazil.

Where do you folks say me is the best place for apply to go? Which province?

Which fild do work do You recommend me to go for it?

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
The first issue you should look at is what level of licensing (if any) you will need in canada. They may require you to have some kind of canadian electrician license that probably won't transfer from Brazil.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
immigration from brazil to canada - a google search

opening statement in google search

Along with the other requirements, as a Brazilian national, you must have held a Canadian visa in the past 10 years or have a valid
US non-immigrant visa
. Furthermore, you should know that Brazilian citizens can obtain a Canada ETA only if they travel by air.Nov 12, 2022

https://www.ivisa.com/canada-blog/canada-eta-for-the-citizens-of-brazil
It appears to me that what you linked to is for electronically issued visas. I think Brazilians can still get into Canada by getting a normal paper visa.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Look up Canadian Red Seal. It’s a nationally recognized electrical license.
My state allows it as proof of experience for someone from Canada
I had not heard of this red seal thing. I looked it up on their website it appears that it is not available for electricians, but it is available for many other trades.

Status
Not open for further replies.