Where to hire non-engineer for photometric work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

myshtern

New User
I'm looking for someone to do some very basic photometric work so we can see what kind of lights to budget for. Obviously an engineers stamp wouldn't be required for this. It's hard to find people who do photometric work, where can I find a freelancer?

Thanks

James@CHA

Typically a manufacturers sales rep has the ability to produce photometric designs. Check with your local Lithonia/Cooper or similar representative. If you send them a base plan and your FC/Uniformity requirements they will do the photometrics for you.

Or... download the trial version of "Visual" by Lithonia and do the design your self. I have used Visual for the past few years and it is very user friendly. A typical parking lot lighting design can be done in less than 2 hours...

beanland

Lighting design

Lighting design

When you say "photometric work", do you mean detailed calculations for light levels on complicated surfaces or are you speaking of basic interior lighting where the average footcandles is needed? For the former, you need a consulting engineer with good software. For the latter, some hand calcs or simple spreadsheet are all that is needed. I have attached a one page summary for simple calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.