Which version of Quickbooks?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarchris

I am in the process of starting to run our business, which is a 35 year old family run shop. We are still doing the books on paper and I am debating on QB Pro or Premeir with the industry specific options. We have a version that was never instaled I believe it is Quickbooks Pro 2000. Would that be a good place to start or too outdated?

bikeindy

I use QB pro 2007 and am very happy with it( I was perfectly happy with 2006 but got a new computer in june 2007 with Vista and had to "upgrade"). If you are going to do payroll you will need to buy the latest version of QB but if not you could get started with 2000.

guitarchris

Yeah, I just got a laptop for the biz and it has Vista.....I bet I can't even use the old version of QB. I think I would like to do payroll on the computer but we only have 5 employees and pay once at the end of the month so not having that wouldn't be theend of the world.....right now.

guitarchris

I've done a little more research and think I will have to buy 2007. Now it's down to Pro vs. Premier. Are the "industry specific" features worth the extra price? Are the contractor features applicable to Electrical Contracting?

Thomp

I have the Contractor's Premier 2007 version. I like it well enough, but I needed to take courses to understand it. Makes filling out invoices a snap.

Status
Not open for further replies.