Who carries outdoor multi-vapor wall packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
Need to find a lense for Holophane MVR400 outdoor wallpack, 277v balast. Need either a new fixture, or a replacement lense that's hard to find, 16" x 16", solid glass & metal frame, about 25 lbs.

Anyone got any ideas?

ramsy

Occupation
Halophane has no record or this model online, and their banking hours has been killing me since Friday. If they pull thru for me, eventually, have a feeling their price will drive the last nail in my coffin. Already considering buying new.

Last edited:

ramsy

Occupation
C3PO said:
I deal with Holophane quite a bit and will talke to them for you if you would like. Just let me know.

Roger that, and thank you. I will PM specs., and gladly hold my horses, on a new unit, for a few days.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
ramsy said:
Halophane has no record or this model online...
MVR400 does not appear to be an valid model number. Perhaps it is no longer manufactured or it is only part of a model number?

Is the Module 600 line anywhere close?

ramsy

Occupation
Smart $ said:
Is the Module 600 line anywhere close?

Smart $, You Da Man, once again.

Yes that is the exact fixture. It is listed as a High Pressure sodium (HPS) ballast, which is compatable with the multi-vapor bulbs I found in it (MVR400).

Many thanks to you sir. I will FWD this info on for pricing.

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
Holophane changes models quite often, I have a BJ's wholesale that has a spider fixture for parking lot poles, and the model numbers Holophane put on the fixture does not match anything they list, was kinda suprised that I actually found model numbers, because most manufactures do not put any info other than voltage and wattage on there fixtures. Ended up buying something halfway close and putting it at the back of the parking lot. Holophane will not deal with supply houses if it's a national account like BJ's.

peter d

ramsy said:
Yes that is the exact fixture. It is listed as a High Pressure sodium (HPS) ballast, which is compatable with the multi-vapor bulbs I found in it (MVR400).

Huh? There is zero compatibility between HPS and "multi-vapor" lamps. I don't know what kind of "multi-vapor" lamps you're talking about, but it's either mercury vapor or metal halide. The only "multi-vapor" that I know of is a GE trademark name for its line of basic metal halide lamps. Either way you must match the lamp to the ballast type. S type if for sodium, M type is for metal halide, and H type is for mercury vapor.

Last edited:

mdshunk

peter d said:
Huh? There is zero compatibility between HPS and "multi-vapor" lamps.
I don't know much about the technology, but the Phillips MultiVapor lamps I buy with the purple sleeve fit in anything I care to put them in. I reserve their use for special circumstances. I use maybe 2 a year.

peter d

mdshunk said:
I don't know much about the technology, but the Phillips MultiVapor lamps I buy with the purple sleeve fit in anything I care to put them in. I reserve their use for special circumstances. I use maybe 2 a year.

Yes, I'm aware of the existence of those lamps, although I've only seen them in the GE and Philips catalogs. I think they're called "Retrolux" or something like that? And they cost 3X more? I know they make them so you can upgrade a MV or HPS fixture without changing the ballast.

But as far as what Roger seemed to be talking about, putting a regular 400 watt MH lamp in a fixture with a 400 watt sodium ballast will not work.

ramsy

Occupation
peter d said:
But as far as what Roger seemed to be talking about, putting a regular 400 watt MH lamp in a fixture with a 400 watt sodium ballast will not work.

Thanks Peter,

All I checked in the ballast was the 277 voltage, then noticed GE MVR400/U bulbs. I didn't know what ballast multi-vapor uses, if its Metal Halide MH, you have my sincere appreciation for preventing me from ordering the wrong part.

Status
Not open for further replies.