Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
Why would you set someone up for failure?

I was on another forum that deals more with PLCs. One of the questions posed was by someone who was given a solenoid and told to make it work. The goal was to cycle the solenoid once a day. He has had no experience with PLCs. IDK if they are an electrician or a window washer.

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician

I was on another forum that deals more with PLCs. One of the questions posed was by someone who was given a solenoid and told to make it work. The goal was to cycle the solenoid once a day. He has had no experience with PLCs. IDK if they are an electrician or a window washer.
Probably the guy that handed it to him and said “make it work” was a supervisor that had no idea how to make it work..

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician

There are many answers to this question IMHO. One possible answer is the boss does not know how to do it.

xformer

Occupation
Master Electrician
The boss may not know how, but Good Golly Molly, sending a novice to the PLC that controls your plant? That is a new level of ignorance.
Could be a situation where the boss wanted to use it as a teaching moment to some know-it-all. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.