Will a latching relay work for this application?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mn7

I am Trying to wire 2 seperate holding bins each with a top rotary switch ( has 1 n.o. one n.c. contact) and each with a bottom rotary switch. Each bin has a seperate unload auger.( 480 v with 120v coil). When the grain dryer calls for corn i need one of the motors to start. once the bin has been emptied, i need the other bin to start every time the dryer calls for corn. It needs to empty this bin completly before switching back to first bin. The 2 bins will also be both empty at times so the latch relay can't fight itself. Does anyone have experience with this scenerio or have a econmical way of doing it?

Aleman

For something like this I would use a 'smart relay' like Eaton EZ512-AC-R. 8 inputs 4 AC outputs, programmable on screen for around $200.
No laptop needed and you can make these do a lot of things. By the time you buy some relays and switches etc the $200 doesn't look too
bad. The Eaton is same as Moeller and Allen Bradley brands of these units. Moeller makes them.

Beenaround

Still learning

Still learning

I looked up those relay's and they are pretty cool. I may get one to play with as here at work all we have is 4000 motors and a lot Allen Bradley PLC's. Thank you for sharing information.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.