Will we ever see TC-ER-JP allowed to be used where both NM-B and UF-B are allowed?

Todd0x1

Makes no sense that the only allowed use of TC-ER-JP in dwellings is when it contains both power and control conductors (generator and mini-split cable) If its good enough for that, why is it not allowed for other branch circuit use without control conductors?

tortuga

Code Historian
Occupation
Electrical Design
Makes no sense that the only allowed use of TC-ER-JP in dwellings is when it contains both power and control conductors (generator and mini-split cable) If its good enough for that, why is it not allowed for other branch circuit use without control conductors?
I have seen it used to wire a 3-way, its nice stuff, I doubt its cheaper than regular 14/3 though.

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
I have seen it used to wire a 3-way, its nice stuff, I doubt its cheaper than regular 14/3 though.
I'd rather rather use that instead of UF any day. I really would like to use it more in resi. The other nice product I learned about from the minisplits is PVC jacketed MC and that stuff is awesome and no wonder Canada uses it all over the place.

Choice_Gorilla

Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I'd rather rather use that instead of UF any day. I really would like to use it more in resi. The other nice product I learned about from the minisplits is PVC jacketed MC and that stuff is awesome and no wonder Canada uses it all over the place.
Been using it in place of liquid tight lately for things I know are only one circuit. Makes my life easier, pretty pricey though.