Wire Capacity

Status
Not open for further replies.

haskindm

Look up table C.1 in ANNEX C of the NEC. You will need to know the type of insulation on the conductors. Remember the ampacity of your conductors will need to be adjusted if you install more than three "current carrying condctors" in a conduit.

mred1948

Wire Capacity

I do not have access to the National Electric Code. Our hospital has only been opened up for 1 year. Need to know how many #10 stranded wires will fit inside 3/4 in emt conduit according to code. Can you please help me.
Thank you

iwire

Staff member
mred1948 said:
I do not have access to the National Electric Code. Our hospital has only been opened up for 1 year. Need to know how many #10 stranded wires will fit inside 3/4 in emt conduit according to code. Can you please help me.
Thank you

I am not sure we can, you should have access to the NEC (at the least) if you are wiring in a hospital.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
mred1948 said:
Thank you

the NFPA web site has the NEC available for sale. It is also available at booksellers nationwide, and places like home depot and lowes. You can also purchase it at amazon or other online book sellers.

another potential source is mikeholt.com. :)

sparky59

wire capacity

wire capacity

I'm a little worried about an "electrician" that doesn't have access to the nec.

Status
Not open for further replies.