Wire marking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Besoeker

What style, size of wire label seems to be the most universal for control work? Laser Printer.

Getting to the point that we need to do a better job of labeling and my software will print them if I had an idea. Tyco seems to be the most supported by my software.
We use push on ferrules.
They are colour coded so even if you can't read the digits you can still tell what the number is.
And they are all numbered from the terminal end so the 98 and 89 aren't confused.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
What style, size of wire label seems to be the most universal for control work? Laser Printer.

Getting to the point that we need to do a better job of labeling and my software will print them if I had an idea. Tyco seems to be the most supported by my software.

google spits this out....

https://www.cablelabelsheets.com/

for field printing, brady id expert is what i've been using... have two of them.

but if you look here.....

"The IDXPERT? label printer was obsoleted on Dec. 31, 2013.
You can still purchase labels and accessories you need for it.
The new BMP41 and BMP51 printers are the recommended replacement
for the "XPERT" models and cover all the label styles and printing capabilities
that the IDXPERT models had but in a faster, easier-to-use, and more reliable printer design."

which is why i'm using the 3M, which is a rebranded dymo rhino. labels are a LOT cheaper,
and aren't as good a quality as the die cut brady's.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Does the lettering on those Dymo labels.vanish under heat and pressure the way the letters on the original Dymo Labelmaker tape do?

Tapatalk!

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
we use wrap-around adhesive backed labels printed on a special printer. I suspect it is nothing special. It will print on all kinds of media the label manufacturer sells on the 5" wide rolls.

the ones we use I think are Panduit, but might be Brady. We have changed several times over the years as one vendor or another has a deal and our printers wear out.

the labels do not smear. they seem to hold up well in the filed, although I cannot vouch for them holding up to oil, gas, or solvents. I have seen them drenched in hydraulic fluid and they seem to hold up to that pretty well.

several companies such as Brady make a handheld version of a printer that prints on similar style labels that our guys use when not in our shop. But, usually they print out the labels on our shop printers and bring them with because it is much faster that way. They use the handheld printer for labels they forgot to print in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.