Wire Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

gazzoo

Hi all I have a simple Question. Could someone please lookup the cross-sectional area of 10 awg thw and 12 awg thw wire from both the 1999 and the 2002 code books. I have the 2002 code book and It doesn't correspond with Mike Holt's exam prep book. I want to be sure I don't have a typo!
Thanx for you time.

ryan_618

Re: Wire Size

From the 2002 (table 8, chapter 9) #10 is 5.261 mm squared, and 10380 Cmil.

From the 1999 (table 8, chapter 9) #10 is 10380 Cmil.

Is this what your looking for?

ryan_618

Table 5, 2002. 12: .0181. 10: .0206
Table 5, 1999. 12: .0182. 10: .206

Both are approximate area in diameter (in.).

Interesting.

[ January 31, 2004, 12:30 PM: Message edited by: ryan_618 ]

gazzoo

Yeah there is a difference. I don't possess the 1999 code so where else to look but here right?
What had me going is that I'm going for my ME in May and I have to take a course that covers Mike Holt's exam test prep. This book is SO accurate to the smallest detail. When I found a discrepancy I started to worry that it was me or my Code Book!
Thanx for the time.

charlie

ALL books have errors or errata, the problem is finding them. I do review work for another company where I am looking for errors and they are very appreciative of the ones I find. Please let Mike Holt know of any errors you find in the book so he can correct it for the next edition. The reason is that books are not rewritten after a Code cycle is complete but they are revised. An existing error will remain if it is not involved in a Code change. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.