Wire Sizing for 300KVA 240V transformer to 208 Buck Boost Transformers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddaytona1

Occupation
Sales
Hi! Please check my plan below. What do you think?

I have a 240V 300KVA 3PH in a main panel that I need to step down to 208V 3PH 114A. to run a piece of equipment. I'll be using two buck boost transformers. and a cutoff switch

Breaker Sizing in the Main Panel - Since I'll need 114A, should I consider 20% higher rating which puts me at around a 130A Breaker in the MP?

What is the Wire Size I need to run from the 130A Breaker to the buck boost Transformers? Since the equipment is using 114A is this #2 wire (130A @90C) ]
So - (3) #2 wires and (1) #6 Gnd in 1 1/4in Conduit for a 90ft run

Should the cut off switch be placed after the Buck Boost Transformers?

Should the Fuses in the cut off switch should be 120A ? Or sized similarly to the 130A breaker in the MP ?

What is the Wire Size I need to run from the buck boost transformers to the cut off switch and to the equipment? Same #2 Wire? (3) #2 wires and (1) #6 Gnd in 1 1/4in Conduit for a 15ft run to the cut off switch and a 10ft run from the cut off switch to the equipment ( I understand the requirement is to be less than 25ft total run from buck boost transformers to the equipment)

Thanks

ddaytona1

Occupation
Sales
I dont understand how my Sales occupation makes this appear as a DIY post. Can you help me understand where I'm going wrong with that information? thank you.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
It's not your role in sales that makes me believe you are a DIY. Rather, it is the nature of your questions. They do not seek information on what to sell for what application. Rather, they seek information on how to design and install electrical equipment. Forum rules do not allow us to assist a person who is not an electrician to perform their own electrical installation work.

This thread is therefore closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.