Wire staple sizes

Status
Not open for further replies.

klineelectric

Occupation
electrical contractor
No prohibition for uninsulated staples and the adoration for the insulated counterpart seems to be exclusive to ahj rule writers/preference- you don't see many electricians that share their enthusiasm. The use of stackers (as stated above) do, imo also, make things a less labor intensive/quicker when grouping multiple nms along framing. Usually​, if the issue arises about double decking under a staple, a simple perusal of the instructions should be enough to quell any objections- if your within listing, your good.

And yes, the insulated staples do cost more-around 2 to 3 x as much as the regulars.

I stick with regs than. I will try the stackers though as less labor is always welcome especially the older I get.

peter d

No prohibition for uninsulated staples and the adoration for the insulated counterpart seems to be exclusive to ahj rule writers/preference- you don't see many electricians that share their enthusiasm. The use of stackers (as stated above) do, imo also, make things a less labor intensive/quicker when grouping multiple nms along framing. Usually​, if the issue arises about double decking under a staple, a simple perusal of the instructions should be enough to quell any objections- if your within listing, your good.

And yes, the insulated staples do cost more-around 2 to 3 x as much as the regulars.

Here it's the opposite, the non-insulated cost as much or more than the insulated. I'm sure it's because of supply and demand since we only use insulated.

Status
Not open for further replies.