Wireless Electricity

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie

Re: Wireless Electricity

I don't think so; however, I think the fuel cell may take over the power market.

Don't forget, power has to be connected to these wireless mats, it is only portable devices that are fed from the mat. I also think fuel cells will take the place of batteries in small electronic devices. In other words, I don't see any advantage from using these mats yet. :cool:

bphgravity

Tesla had some interesting ideas on wireless electricty, it is not as impossible as one might think.

Fuel Cells are a neat idea, but the practicality of the technology will never break through. Hydrogen is not the eaisest stuff to store and distribute. Plus, even at the best possible conversion efficency, you would need about 10 times as much hydrogen as it takes coal to produce the same energy.

As far as long distance distribution goes, nuclear is the only way to go once the dinasaur fuel runs out. Solar Power is going have to start becomming better as well.

I am more interested in the "within the home" type applications. There has got to be a better way! :eek:

charlie

Bryan, I think the technology is here (almost) for fuel cells. You can use butane for all kinds of battery-operated things like PDA's, cell phones, flash lights, etc. in place of batteries. Additionally, there are large fuel cells now that are powering buildings. The technology is close for powering automobiles.

The solar cells are becoming much more efficient and will be on the horizon soon. I know that some of the roofs are supplying a lot of power for homes now in the form of shingles.

The electric utilities will not be sent away since all of these systems will need a backup, especially in the northern areas of the country.

HMMM . . . UH . . . How do you ground a PDA with a fuel cell? I think Bennie will have to answer this one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.