Wireway question

Status
Not open for further replies.

55east

I have question about wireway installation. Is it ok by NEC to install a wireway on a 3.5 inch housekeeping pad with the bottom cut out it for the conduits to come up in to. Then install larger nipples to the panels
Thank you for the help

benaround

55east,

That's a good question, I've done it with pvc pipes and the Inspector ok'ed it, but that

doesn't mean that it would be accepted everywhere.

JJWalecka

The conduits would stub into the wireway? There would be no physical connection with connectors to the wierway?

It is my understanding that it is common practice to instal pipes in that way. A bonding bushing was used to bond the can and conduits.

My two cents

JJ

jeremysterling

If outside, I would provision for water to runoff without entering the conduit. Install PVC bellends on the PVC (easier than male adapter plus bushing) if that is what you are using. If outside, use NEMA 3R trough.

I do not believe the NEC prohibits this type of install. Make sure all bonding issues are addressed.

Welcome to the forum.

55east

The wireway is installed inside so water would not be an issue. I am trying to find out if there is a code issue or not. Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.