Wiring a Log Cabin-advise please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
I took on a log home a few years ago and it wasn't nearly as bad as anyone is stating. The builder built it offsite, took it apart, then brought it onsite and assembled it. He cut all the holes for the boxes and drilled all the holes going down into the basement during the first assembly. This had a basement which made it a snap to just run the wires up to the pre-cut holes for the boxes. I think we only had to drill through the logs a couple times to get out for the septic and well. I would check with the h/o and builder to see if this is all provided.
You fell in with a very good builder. I like hearing stories like that.

kwired

Electron manager
I took on a log home a few years ago and it wasn't nearly as bad as anyone is stating. The builder built it offsite, took it apart, then brought it onsite and assembled it. He cut all the holes for the boxes and drilled all the holes going down into the basement during the first assembly. This had a basement which made it a snap to just run the wires up to the pre-cut holes for the boxes. I think we only had to drill through the logs a couple times to get out for the septic and well. I would check with the h/o and builder to see if this is all provided.
My luck would be they would have cut holes for small boxes that don't have sufficient volume, and insist you use it as is :(, but otherwise it is nice they did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.