Wiring large wires

User Name

Occupation
Electrician
Not saying the OP should or has to, kinda caught me off guard because I know it would get questioned here lol.

letgomywago

Occupation
residential electrician
Maybe with compression fittings, definitely not set screws, his reason is what if you forget to tighten down the set screws? Which I can kind if agree with. We'd have to pull some kind of EGC in that pipe and bond the box.
There's alot of other threads on this issue but I'd say it's never going to be the issue people think it is and I personally think compression fittings have more installer error.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Maybe with compression fittings, definitely not set screws, his reason is what if you forget to tighten down the set screws? Which I can kind if agree with. We'd have to pull some kind of EGC in that pipe and bond the box.
Again that's not required by the NEC so either there has to be a local code amendment to make it a requirement or the inspector is just making up his own code.

Oh boy, here we go again.....what if what if what if....

What would be his code reference? I would personally tell him to go pound sand, there's lots of things in life I want but I can't have so screw him.