wiring software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
I am looking for a software that will show how detailed wiring is done.

For example, I will tell teh software that we are installing 2 three way switches with a single fixture and the power source is coming into one of the switches, goes into the 2nd switch then goes into the fixture.

Then the software will show step by step how the wiring is done with the color codes. The students will see the steps and probably understand it better.

Is there such a software or something similar to it?

Thank you

kwired

Electron manager
If you are dealing with beginners, nothing beats hands on experience, and drawing schematics. This is basic enough material it needs to be branded in their brains. Now software for calculating available fault current is something that could serve a purpose, but you still need to learn to calculate it with pencil and paper first - otherwise you still don't understand what it is that you calculated and what factors can really make a difference.

JMO

Ponchik

Occupation
Electronologist
If you are dealing with beginners, nothing beats hands on experience, and drawing schematics. This is basic enough material it needs to be branded in their brains. Now software for calculating available fault current is something that could serve a purpose, but you still need to learn to calculate it with pencil and paper first - otherwise you still don't understand what it is that you calculated and what factors can really make a difference. JMO

I agree with you 100%. we are doing it in paper pencil format and they are learning the drawings.

But i want to have a software so i can put it up on the overhead and sort of show them wire by wire and switch by switch how it works.

Ptonesparky,
i will try that site, thank you much.

GeorgeKoehl

I have used a few, there is one that you can get for free for home use called Yenka. It basically is a physics suite, but you can do some simulations with electronics and some AC. It is really good for Theory understanding electrical basics .

GeorgeKoehl

Here is the test circuit I made with Yenka to make a Kirchoff Table for a hands-on for my Theory course.
Screenshot at 2012-04-01 20:29:33.jpg

Yenka is better suited for DC and electronics but can be used for free. Great for Ohms law experiments.

Status
Not open for further replies.