Wiring Wall Mtd Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member

Really.
The guys in the field will be briefed on my takeoff, how I interpreted the install, and we will agree on a method that meets or beats the estimated material/labor hrs......Period.

Well that is not how it works around here unless the job is a BIM job.

Oh sure, the estimators will let the Foreman know if it was an MC bid or a pipe bid. And for major services or feeders we might get together on how it was bid.

But the routing of a wall light branch circuit?

No way no how and I doubt you do either 'period' :)

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Really.

Well that is not how it works around here unless the job is a BIM job.

Oh sure, the estimators will let the Foreman know if it was an MC bid or a pipe bid. And for major services or feeders we might get together on how it was bid.

But the routing of a wall light branch circuit?

No way no how and I doubt you do either 'period' :)
Agree. No way, no how, and no way it could be done in the real world. .... ever- period, exclamation.:) Looks good on paper never translates to real live 3-D.

I worked on a gas plant designed from the ground up. It had drawings and details for every thing in the place. Notes, details, and cross references that weighed twenty-five pounds, aside from the standard prints that were as big as a role of carpet.

By the time the it was finished the only thing that matched the original plans were the dimensions of building and its address.

cadpoint

...By the time the it was finished the only thing that matched the original plans were the dimensions of building and its address.

So, what gave you the right to deviate from the construction documents?

I've worked job's where an estimater has walked a job and stated; "I didn't estimate it this way"!
So be it I totally understand that as well.

Seriously, I understand both sides of everyone's statements here but to say that with ease and grace is Total BS!

If the drawings weight is that much I truely doult the ad-lib nature of your finsihed product. BTW you forgot to mention the pounded on the Spec's!

Face it there's drawing that state what needs to be done and there are drawings that present a license to construct, these are not the same!

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
So, what gave you the right to deviate from the construction documents?
After taking one evening looking at the plans I knew I could do a better job, so I did.

Seriously, though, I did not build the place, I worked on it. I did what I was told.

I've worked job's where an estimater has walked a job and stated; "I didn't estimate it this way"!
So be it I totally understand that as well.

Seriously, I understand both sides of everyone's statements here but to say that with ease and grace is Total BS!
It is not. I have never seen a project that worked out exactly as drawn on paper.

If the drawings weight is that much I truely doult the ad-lib nature of your finsihed product.
It wasn't me, or anybody working on the plant doing the ad-libbing. It was the people that designed it when what was drawn in 2-D didn't work in 3-D.

BTW you forgot to mention the pounded on the Spec's!
OK, maybe I did exaggerate a little, but not much.

Face it there's drawing that state what needs to be done and there are drawings that present a license to construct, these are not the same!
I agree in spirit. What needs to be done needs to be done. How to get it done, however, has to be worked out on site. I have seen the best of plans, and the worst of plans. Both take longer, and more effort than a good set of plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.