Wisconsin Master Exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

acwservices

Has anyone taken the Wisconsin Master Electrician exam? The lady at the state that I spoke with this morning told me that the pass rate for this exam is 25%. I am scheduled to take the exam this Thursday in Peaukee, WI.

fauxfly

I sat for this exam only a few years ago. Passed it also. The only thing I had trouble with was not going to the bathroom before it started.

Know your book back and front, don't sit next to a heavy breather, it will be pretty quite in there, and you'll want to get in the groove and zone for the four hours. Hard to do with an exhaust fan blowing next to you !! ( I'm speaking from experience...yikes) I think they allow different code reference books now days also...might want to check if possible to bring it in to the test.

Don't get hung up on questions you don't get right away, keep moving on.

Good luck bro

Steve

acwservices

Steve,

thanks for the encouragement. The lady at the state office told me this morning that the test is on the 2005 NEC, and the Wisconsin Administrative Codes. She also stated that I can bring any printed material in with me- including the Handbook, Ugley's, or any of Mike Holt's reference material.

acwservices

Exit Lights & ATS

Exit Lights & ATS

Well, I took the Wisconsin Master Electrician exam this morning. The results will be mailed to me within 15 days. It was a paper/pencil exam, with a fill in the bubble answer sheet. I feel like I passed the exam, but I do have a question if anyone could answer. There were at least 4 questions on the exam pertaining to exit lights and automatic transfer switch. These were questons like "in a 20,000 SF single story office building, which statement is correct concerning the installation of exit lights." They then gave 4 statements concerning the placement of exit lights throughout the building. Here is another question- "a single automatic transfer switch is allowed in which of the following 4 conditions:" it then listed 4 lengthy situations. To my knowledge, neither of these questions can be answered using the 2005 NEC. Yet the procter announced before the test started that all questions could be answered with the 2005 NEC. If I am missing something here, feel free to enlighten me.

jrclen

Let us know how you did when you get the results. I grew up in Pewaukee. I took my journeyman exam there. Journeymen and masters in electricity and plumbing all in one big room. I just talked with a guy this weekend who passed the master exam recently on his 5th try after meeting with the head electric guy for the state.

Go Pirates.
The wording is critical. It's usually word for word from some hidden area of the code.
Exit light, enter night, take my hand, off to Never-Neverland.
Maybe Comm 16.45.
Maybe something in 700.12 F or 700 Part IV or V, or 701.11 G?

For the other ? 700.6 C, or 701.7 A or C was all I could find.

arnettda

Masters test 9/17

Masters test 9/17

I am taking the Wi. Masters exam next week and was wondering if anybody had a different break down of the test. Thanks

fauxfly

Morning all

I took the test a few years ago and yes I passed. Yes it was a B...h. You've worked in the field, you've seen a million situations, keep your head on and get in the groove. Go Potty before you sit down. You'll thank me for that advice. DON'T panic, your sitting for a test, not saving lives. You'll do fine. The force is with you.

Steve

arnettda

Wi masters

Wi masters

Thanks for the info. I am allright with the code book. I just hope I do not run out of time.

amflou

I took the test @ 2 months ago, it is only 50 questions with a 4 hour time limit. You can take anything you want into the test (hand written notes, formulas, any reference books, anything you want). All you need is your code book and the WI Comm 16 regulations (which you can print off of the State website). It is multiple choice questions and it really shouldn't be a problem getting through the test with the 4 hour time limit. If you can find answers in the book, you can pass the test.

arnettda

Test taken

Test taken

I finished the test pretty much on time. there were a few questions I did not have a clue on. One dealing with a trasfer switch and what kind of building it could be used on. Another one dealing with the prime mover and type of fuel supply required. Is there a way you can find out what questions you got write or wrong. As I could be wrong even if I thought i was write and write on ones i was not completly sure on. i will let you know when I get my results.

Status
Not open for further replies.