Working space? other violations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grich

Occupation
Broadcast Engineer
Drop the panel cover while removing or reinstalling, and you'll either poke a hole in a water pipe, or shear off the flexible gas line to the water heater...nice.

The RG-6 install is just as crappy, but it's not any different from any cable TV-owned apartment distribution box I've ever seen.:grin:

peter d

I also see Siemens/Murray breakers installed in a Cutler Hammer panel. And yes, I have eyes like a hawk (while wearing glasses. ;) )

iaov

I don't see access as a problem here. With a neat, orderly code compliant installation like this why would anyone ever need to get in that box?:grin:

Minuteman

To some there may be no concern, but the main breaker is a Cutler Hammer BR and most of the breakers are Simmons.

Edit: Sorry peter d, I did not read your post. :D

Last edited:
If the access to that panel is as bad as it looks, I would call the contractor and ask him some questions (my first impression is to give him the benefit of doubt). If he tells me on the phone (after I have arrived for the inspection, not before), that he was/is aware of this mess, I would tell him that I do not have proper access to make a thorough inspection, and that he would have to make the corrections for me to make this inspection.

I am fully aware that sometimes the EC will make an install and then all of that "junk" is installed after he made his installation. I can live with that. Then the building owner gets the violation.

Status
Not open for further replies.