Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrannis

Is anybody using anything in their trucks like this? I thought of it as a scam until I read the bit about North Miami.
BTW:
It does keep the black smoke down quite a bit, and the GM duramax diesel exhaust filter system in my truck must go into "regen" less often. I get an extra 60 to 75 miles of range out of a tank of fuel depending on how fast i drive. I dont always remember to pour it in when I fill up and know it when I get less than 400 miles out of a tank.

North Miami Enlists Ethos FR(R) to Reduce City's Carbon Footprint
City to Use Ethos Fuel Reformulator in All Municipal Vehicles

(CSRwire) SAN DIEGO, CA -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 02/14/08 -- Ethos Environmental, Inc. (OTCBB: ETEV), a San Diego-based company, announced that as a leader of the green effort in South Florida, the City of North Miami has recently decided to make Ethos Fuel Reformulator a part of their environmental plan. Following the results of a standard testing protocol, the decision was made to use Ethos FR(R) in all of the City of North Miami's municipal vehicles. Approval came from Mayor Kevin Burns and City Manager, Clarance Patterson after the Ethos product performed beyond expectations in test vehicles.

After treatment with Ethos FR(R), the City of North Miami's test vehicles showed a 12% improvement in fuel economy, and use of the Ethos product has been shown to reduce emissions up to 30% in similar testing. Thus a city the size of North Miami -- which currently uses approximately 300,000 gallons of fuel per year -- can reduce its harmful emissions by approximately 500 tons per year with the use of Ethos FR(R).

Mayor Burns has been an active participant in the City of North Miami's growing green movement. Last year he participated in the 2007 Mayors Climate Protection Summit in Seattle, WA taking part in a panel on grassroots green initiatives. Burns is also one of more than 700 mayors who have signed the U.S. Mayors Climate Protection Agreement, committing to reduce carbon emissions in their locality to 7% below 1990 levels, a goal in line with the Kyoto Protocol.

Ethos FR(R) is an ester-based fuel reformulating product that reduces harmful emissions while improving both fuel mileage and engine performance. Ethos FR(R)'s ability to integrate easily with existing fueling infrastructures makes it both an effective and realistic pro-environmental step that can be implemented by municipalities of all sizes.

Prior to the testing period, Walter Branch of EnviroSafe Enterprises, a distributor of Ethos Environmental East, met with the City of North Miami Public Works Director, Mark E. Collins and Fleet Superintendent, Clifford Taylor to assess the emission reduction and fuel saving opportunities available with the use of Ethos FR(R).

Ethos Environmental East has been working for over a year with Lee Mar Building & Construction, a major excavating contractor in Fort Myers, Florida. In partnership with the South Florida Water Management District and Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission, Lee Mar recently completed work on the Lake Okeechobee Project. With the use of Ethos Fuel Reformulator in construction vehicles, Lee Mar experienced fuel savings between 8% and 10%, while opacity testing revealed more than a 30% reduction in pollutants.

Also in Fort Myers, Ethos Environmental East has been working with Good Wheels Bus Services to achieve a 10% improvement in fuel economy with the use of Ethos FR(R). Ethos Environmental East and its representatives are currently in negotiations with several municipalities and additional large commercial companies throughout the State of Florida to improve mileage and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.

For additional information, please visit www.ethosoil.com.

About Ethos Environmental, Inc.

Ethos Environmental, Inc. (OTCBB: ETEV), a San Diego-based corporation, is the manufacturer of award-winning fuel reformulating products that help industries meet environmental regulations and relieve skyrocketing fuel costs. By using Ethos FR(R), commercial vehicles can increase fuel mileage between 7 percent and 19 percent while reducing harmful emissions by more than 30 percent. For more information about Ethos Environmental, Inc., visit www.ethosoil.com

jrannis

Tune for diesel engine

Tune for diesel engine

Aside from the Ethos that may or may not work for everyone. Has anyone used a device to reprogram the computer in their truck to achive better fuel economy?
I know some guys go straight pipe to try to increase horsepower and mileage.
I want to keep the physical exhaust system in tact and was considering buying a "Diablo Predator tuner for Duramax LLY".
Buddy of mine with the same 6.6 engine, but with a towing gear rear end, increased his MPG by 4 taking him from 12 mpg to 16 mpg.
Based on the almost $400.00 for the unit, it will take about 4 to 5 months for it to pay for its self. I think that would be a fair ROI.
Anyone else have any good or bad experience with these?

This company will be out of business by year end.

This company will be out of business by year end.

I would not buy stock in this company, they've never made a profit.
Soon it will be a penny stock.
ethos.gif

Okie Sparky

jrannis said:
Anyone else have any good or bad experience with these?

I have a '04 Dodge 3500 Cummins diesel w/ Bullydog Triple Dog Power Pup. It made about 2-3 MPG better with the programmer set to "performance". The Bullydog has 3 power level settings. Also have an AFE air filter on the truck. This helped with fuel milage also.

jrannis

Jury is still out for me on this stuff. I can tell when I use it for sure.
I have just a bit more than 1/2 tank and I was able to go 230 miles so far.
I would like to get 500 miles out of my 33 gallon tank if I could.
Here its $4.06 to $4.50 per gallon for diesel.
I want to see if I can do it before I invest $400 dollars in a Diablo Predator or similar device to tweak the trucks computer for better economy.

jrannis

Okie Sparky said:
I have a '04 Dodge 3500 Cummins diesel w/ Bullydog Triple Dog Power Pup. It made about 2-3 MPG better with the programmer set to "performance". The Bullydog has 3 power level settings. Also have an AFE air filter on the truck. This helped with fuel milage also.

Thanks for the input. I think it would be a good investment to get that kind of improvement.

cschmid

jrannis said:
Thanks for the input. I think it would be a good investment to get that kind of improvement.

here it is 4.49 for #2 :confused: yet I still dont understand there is less refining in deisel and less gallons made but higher profits..why hassel the working man and slow the economy..I shall never understand but someone is going to make it big during the down turn in the economy..I am looking to cash in maybe some rentals but I dont like the future outlook yet..any good ideas out there..

ItsHot

the storm

the storm

cschmid said:
here it is 4.49 for #2 :confused: yet I still dont understand there is less refining in deisel and less gallons made but higher profits..why hassel the working man and slow the economy..I shall never understand but someone is going to make it big during the down turn in the economy..I am looking to cash in maybe some rentals but I dont like the future outlook yet..any good ideas out there..
Is this the calm before the storm?

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
jrannis said:
I want to see if I can do it before I invest $400 dollars in a Diablo Predator or similar device to tweak the trucks computer for better economy.
Why not just put a brick under the accellerator pedal? ;)

satcom

jrannis said:
Just filled up with Diesel. 3.99 per gallon. Considered it a steal for some reason.

In the good old days some people held up gas stations, today gas stations hold up everyone !

Status
Not open for further replies.